Friday, May 8, 2015

Talking To Dan Sarah and Linsey(?) Over At Cyberpunk Apocalypse

I'm dearly addicted to beautiful people... Beautiful artists... The Cool Kids... I want to be one of them. I try hard and I think I'm sort of there. Over the years I've come to think it's not so much that there are a special designation of people in the world who are "beautiful" and I am not one of them, so much as, you see lives as beautiful from the outside... I'm sure I've met people who think I'm beautiful and live a life of mystery even though I spent most of yesterday lying in my bed and playing Grand Theft Auto.

Talking to three people over at Cyperpunk Apocalypse... I mistakenly showed up a week early for their next event, this coming wednesday... Dan's a comic book artist, Sarah works at the Andy Warhol Museum, not sure abut Linsey (?). They were kind enough to offer me a beer b/c it was Dan's birthday and I had biked all the way from Mt. Oliver. We talked about  living in Braddock, Copacetic Comics over in Polish Hill, and the basics of forming an arts scene... This, dear readers, was the true subject of interest for me... Dan said "the trick is to find people who are as dedicated as you, or more, and to live with them... at least meet weekly... If Fred's upstairs, writing at 4am, you're going to feel like [you've got to get your ass in gear]." (my words, all quotes are paraphrased).

I know like, one or two writers in Pittsburgh I'd like to meet/live with. I certainly dream about having friends and peers who are writers. Cyperpunk Apocalypse used to be just such a community, with a "Visiting Writer's Program" you can read about on their dead blog. Dan's going to sell the place soon... Another Artist's Community I've failed to be a part of... The road ahead is hazy... Nothing lasts forever, but we can create...

No comments:

Post a Comment