Thursday, June 11, 2015

Michael Albright/ Joan Baur @ Classic Lines (Sign of the Bear Reading Series) ALSO AMAZING BOOKS OPEN MIC

It's been a stacked night... I don't have too much time to write.
I went to the last half hour of the Sign of the Bear Reading Series and it was Alright.
Joan Baur killed it and had a couple good poems.
All of her gestures were totally potent.
She accenuated certain lines, and moved quickly over others.
She had great feeling and made eye contact with the audience.
Michael Albright said mostly nostalgiac poems.
A lot of them were from the perspective of children.
"Grandma gave me a taste for the sweetest things." (paraphrased)
He read with wet, round tones.

I spent some time over at Amazing Books.
There was an open mic.
They were hosting an event to benefit Summer Reading for children.
There was a group of young people there! And they host their own readings...
I gave them my networking info, so I'm very excited. --poetryburgh@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment